Car accidents happen daily. To help avoid them, it is important to understand some common causes of car accidents and how best to avoid them. When a car accident does happen, know your responsibilities and rights, especially if you or your passengers are injured.
- Animal Collision: Depending on the size of the animal, damage to you and your car may be severe, resulting in injuries and broken fenders and windows. Pay attention to animal crossing signals, make sure your headlights are turned on in rural areas in the correct setting to illuminate your path.
- Hitting a Parked Car: Hitting a parked car as you attempt to park or driving too close to a parked car can result in a crash. Distracted driving and not properly assessing the space available to park or drive past a parked car are contributing factors to these types of accidents.
- Hydroplaning: You should never drive through standing water. If water gets in between your tires and the roadway, you may lose control of your vehicle and hydroplane – gliding through the roadway uncontrollably. To avoid hydroplaning, drive slowly during rain showers and do not drive through standing water.
- Rear-end accidents: A rear-end accident occurs when one vehicle collides into the back of the vehicle in front of it. Drivers involved in rear accident crashes are routinely engaged in activities that divert their attention from driving, like texting while driving, fussing with the radio, and eating while driving.
- Side-impact crashes: A side-impact crash occurs when one vehicle hits another vehicle on its side. This category includes the dreaded T-bone crash. The driver and passenger are susceptible to great injuries because there are fewer protections on the side of the car than on the front and back to absorb the crash impact and minimize injuries. Focus on the rules of the road, exercise care when crossing intersections, and drive within the speed limit to avoid these horrific accidents.
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Georgia’s Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Georgia personal injury lawyers at the Berlec Law Office, located in Lavonia, Georgia, to learn how you can receive compensation for your injuries, including medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
When a car accident injury leads to death, survivors may be able to pursue a wrongful death action. Call (706) 914-1915 today to schedule a free appointment. We are available 24/7 to help you. You can also book your appointment online. Ask us about our other practice areas including personal injury claims, workers’ compensation, criminal law, and family law.